A three-year-old Nigerian boy from the city of Zaria, Kaduna state, made Nigeria proud. Muhammad Shamsuddeen Aliyu not only memorised the entire Holy Quran, but also emerged one of the winners of an international competition in Saudi Arabia.
Below are the TOP-8 facts about the gifted Nigerian boy who made the world talking:
1. Muhammad Shamsuddeen Aliyu was born in Zaria, Kaduna state, Nigeria.
2. He has enrolled the Professor Ango Abdullahi School almost immediately after breastfeeding, at the age of 1.5.
3. The boy memorised the entire Holy Qur’an before reaching the age of three.
4. Aliyu can speak Arabic and English languages.
5. Before reaching an international level, Aliyu started attending Quranic recitation competition from Zaria local government. After winning the local even he represented the school at the state and the national levels.
Aliyu (first left) at the Prophet (SAW) Mosque in Medina, Saudi Arabia. Photo: dailytrust.com.ng
6. The Nigerian prodigy child finished overall second in his age category at an international contest in Saudi Arabia
7. As a prize, Aliyu got a privilege to select the country of his choice where he would be sponsored for a picnic.
8. Dr Aliyu Shamsuddeen, the father of the gifted boy, would love his son to continue with both Quranic studies and Western education.
A reporter from DailyTrust contacted a deputy Chief Imam of Tudun Jukun, Zaria Juma’at mosque, Ustaz Bashir Lawal, for comments.
The Islamic cleric said it was possible for Allah to bless a 3-year-old with the memorisation of the complete Holy Quran, adding:
“But in the history of Islam, that is the generations that the prophet (SAW) stamped as the best, there was no reported case of anyone who memorised the Holy the Quran at that age. There were instances where children of nine and above were reported to have memorised the Holy Quran, but not three.”